Activities continue in our new Northstone Subdivision in Hickory. This subdivision is Habitat’s first “mixed income” neighborhood and consists of houses for sale on the open market and traditional Habitat homes.
In the summer of 2017, Habitat Catawba Valley will complete two homes and begin construction on two more Habitat homes in Hickory, NC.
Our Northstone houses also offer innovative sustainable technology, keeping utility payments low, building affordability into the lifetime of the house, and setting the standard in how we think about the future of affordable housing. Habitat Catawba Valley is proud to announce that:
- The inaugural 2015 Apostle Build House has been selected by the US Department of Energy as a 2016 Housing Innovation Award winner in the Affordable Category!
- Our first 2 Northstone Houses were the first Zero Energy Ready Home certified homes built in the state of North Carolina.
- Every Northstone house guarantees an average heating and cool bill of no more than $30/month for the first two years of homeownership.
- Our Northstone houses carry a US Department of Energy Zero Energy Ready Home, ENERGY STAR, and Indoor airPLUS certification.
- Our Northstone houses contain an energy efficient HVAC, water heater, lighting, and appliances.
- Our Northstone houses include mechanical ventilation for healthy indoor air quality.
Sketch of a Habitat for Humanity home design.
Click the map above for a larger image of the Northstone Subdivision plan.